Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Beer might be the key

Both these dishes were super tasty, and beer was used as a foundational ingredient. It builds in so much flavor.

Enchiladas
I cooked some black and refried beans with onions, enchilada sauce and beer. Nicole made her delicious nutritional-yeast nacho-cheese dip (water, pimentos, nutritional yeast, jalapenos, flour), and we sauteed some peppers and onions. We then combined these ingredients for tasty results.

Beer-mustard-soy Tempeh
I pan fried some tempeh in olive oil. I then made a sauce based on a previous recipe. I combined veggie broth, beer, mustard and soy sauce for a flavorful result. I cooked some onions and mushrooms in olive oil, beer and later, the sauce and tempeh. I recommend this dish. It has a meaty flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment